Sunday, April 20, 2014

Easter Sunday

I don't care much for matching, except on Christmas and Easter. This year, our theme was green. My husband even got in on it, too. He's fought it in the past but then felt left out. Plus, I think with our upcoming potential move and him being gone for 20+ weeks, he's realizing the stupid things I do, actually matter. Plus, one of these years, the kids aren't going to wanto match Mommy and Daddy, or their sister or brother(s). 
I know I meant this to be funny, but it has been serious. I'm looking at all the lasts. I can't help it. The last Easter with family before we probably have to move. We'll be ok, but the busy Holidays we have, jumping from family to family, will be the hardest. 
Next year, Easter is on April 5th. Come Holy Week, I will be crying about the butter lamb, miller's horseradish and fresh Polish sausage. But in reality, it will be my family that I miss. Not the ones pictured here, since they will be with me. But my brothers and their significant others that I will miss. My parents. My in-laws. And my husbands brothers and sister. That's what holidays are about. Both the husband and I are super close to our families. Our weekends are full of seeing them. 
Of course, it depends where we go, but it's unlikely that we will be able to come 'home' for the holidays. In my almost 30 years, I don't know what that means. I've lived in Buffalo my ENTIRE life. My parents still live in the house I grew up in, and it's the same house my Grandfather built and my mom grew up in. I always had plans to buy the house one day. But my parents no longer want the big house, and with us probably moving out of state, they may not hold on to it. I tell them it's ok if they sell it. But it won't be. I can't be selfish. I just know if they do sell it before I come back to Buffalo, I will drive by every single week on the off-chance it is once again for sale. 
Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment